Full job description
Change the story. Change the world.
At FrameWorks UK, we collaborate with charities and other mission-driven organisations to help them communicate about social issues in ways that will create change.
Our framing research shows how people understand social issues. We use this knowledge to develop and test communications strategies to help organisations reframe their issue and create social change in areas like early childhood development, poverty, homelessness and obesity.
FrameWorks UK was formally established in January this year, but we’ve been working in the UK since 2012. We are a not-for-profit organisation and we are the sister organisation of the FrameWorks Institute in the US established over 20 years ago.
After a successful start, we’re creating a new role, Communications & Project Executive, to join our small, high performing team. FrameWorks UK is led by Executive Director, Kate Stanley; our Director of Impact is Maria Castellina, our Principal Communications Strategist is Tamsyn Hyatt, and we are currently recruiting a Senior Communications Strategist.
Please do read more about us and our work at www.frameworksinstitute.org/uk and @UK_FrameWorks and see our ‘strategy map’ at the end of this role description.
The role is full time (though we are open to reduced hours and flexible working) and the salary is £30,000 per annum plus a 6% employer pension contribution. The team is based at a London office, and there is flexibility to work from other places at times.
The purpose of the role is to support the FrameWorks UK team and our portfolio of projects and partners so that we can achieve our vision to bring about change through framing research and support to use that research in communications practice.
- Contribute to the delivery of FrameWorks UK projects through the creation of materials such as workshop slide decks and research briefings.
- Support partner relationships including contributing to project proposals.
- Manage the delivery of a new website (by a third party agency) and provide day-to-day management of the site including copywriting and sourcing images.
- Manage FrameWorks UK social media channels (Twitter and LinkedIn), producing regular content in line with our comms strategy.
- Draft and build emails to engage stakeholders and promote resources
- Contribute to the organisational culture of FrameWorks UK through the development of our ways of working such as:
- planning our regular meetings,
- developing and maintaining our project management system (Celoxsis),
- organising key partner meetings and workshops, and,
- developing our ways of gathering feedback and showing our impact.
- Work with our accountants and US colleagues to develop and maintain our financial systems including overseeing invoicing.
- Develop and maintain our human resource systems and practices such as our Fellows programme and professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate for this role will be committed to social change and highly motivated to support our partners to achieve change through evidence-based approaches to communications. They will have previous relevant work experience, probably in a communications role. They will be brilliantly well organised, confident and keen to develop.
- Commitment to our mission and values.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, as well as individually with minimal direction.
- Professional, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Having attention to detail while also working at pace to multiple deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to absorb and apply FrameWorks’ research and recommendations.
- Project management/organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to create engaging social media content (Twitter and LinkedIn) and ability to manage these channels.
- Some experience of creating content for and updating websites using a CMS (WordPress) and email marketing platforms.
- Experience of monitoring, evaluating and reporting on digital and social content (including Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics).
- At least 3 years’ work experience.
- Some experience of handling budgets and project management systems.
- Degree level education.
Please send a CV and cover letter showing how you meet each aspect of the person specification to email@example.com by midnight on 27 September 2021. If you have any questions in the meantime, please do contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FrameWorks Institute is a nonprofit think tank that helps mission-driven organizations communicate in ways that build public will to support progressive change.
It applies rigorous social science methods to study how people understand social issues and develops evidence-based techniques for explaining those issues more effectively. Since 1999, it has conducted pioneering research on effectively communicating a wide variety of scientific and social issues, such as early childhood development, climate change and immigration.
In 2015, it was named one of nine organizations worldwide to receive the MacArthur Foundation’s Award for Creative and Effective Institutions. Learn more at www.frameworksinstitute.org.